Ariadne partners and contact details
IT - EURICSE
- Hits: 8962
Euricse (European Research Institute on Cooperative and Social Enterprises) is a research centre designed to promote knowledge development in the field of cooperatives, social enterprises, commons and nonprofit organizations. Specifically, Euricse focuses on all forms of private organizations and enterprises that pursue purposes other than profit, are characterized by participatory management models, and adopt a development approach that blends social and economic well being.
Euricse combines multidisciplinary research, training, and consulting services in order to deepen the understanding of these types of organizations and their impact on economic and social development, furthering their growth and assisting them to work more effectively.
Euricse involves scholars from various disciplinary backgrounds and furnishes young researchers with opportunities and facilities for study. The centre is a forum for advanced scientific analysis and discussion that favours dialogue and synergy among research centres. At the same time, it is open to active and direct participation by the cooperative movement and social entrepreneurship. Its activities aim to reduce the fragmentation in the research on cooperative and social enterprises, and to enhance the visibility of this sector in the scientific and political debate.
Euricse was founded in 2008 by Cooperatives Europe, the Trentino Federation of Cooperatives, the Trento and Rovereto Bank Foundation, the Province of Trento and the University of Trento. While Euricse is rooted in the Italian region of Trentino and is closely connected to the organizations that operate there, its activities address issues of national and international interest, and its approach favours openness and collaboration with other research centres, both domestically and internationally.
In order to fulfil its mission, Euricse works in five key areas:
- Research: Euricse supports and implements theoretical and empirical research projects that are interdisciplinary and comparative in nature, disseminating the results through publications and the organization of presentations, conferences and seminars for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Training: Euricse designs and organizes training programs specifically aimed at the professional development of young researchers and at enhancing the skills and knowledge of those who work in cooperative and social enterprises and other nonprofit organizations.
- Consulting: Euricse offers consulting services to nonprofit organizations (including in particular cooperatives and social enterprises) as well as to local, national and international public institutions. Euricse’s consulting services focus primarily on the areas of enterprise management, legal and taxation issues, and public policy.
- Events: Euricse organizes events, including conferences and seminars, to promote study and research on cooperative and social enterprises, as well as nonprofit organizations more generally. These events also develop academic and scientific exchange on an international and multidisciplinary level, encouraging the cultural and professional growth of young researchers and practitioners in cooperative and social enterprises.
- Publications: Euricse publishes journals, a working paper series, research papers, and a range of articles, books, and other resources to deepen the understanding of the role and characteristics of cooperatives and social enterprises. Euricse’s working paper series is open to both internal and external submissions, and is also available on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) site www.ssrn.com/link/Euricse-RES.html. We are in the process of launching a new open-access, international journal focusing on entrepreneurial and organizational diversity.
EURICSE contacts for the Ariadne project:
Francesca TOMASI - francesca,tomasi [-at-] euricse,eu·