Overview of Social Economy in FR
Master in Social Economy by ESCEM
ESCEM specialization course "Social Entrepreneurship and Management"
Responsible for the course: D. Sibony and F. Silva
Coordinator: Thibault Cuénoud
1. Project Description:
This project is part of the Master of Social Entrepreneurship ESCEM - Campus Tours under the responsibility of SIBONY Denis and Francis Silva. It aims to challenge students on issues specific to the social economy in the territory of the Central region (experimental area). Appropriate responses to them need to be entrepreneurial (create a new structure under ESS status or a new line of business within a structure of the existing ESS). Severeals activities will be organized with Social Economy Professionnels to implement this project (Centre des Jeunes Dirigeants de l'Economie Sociale et Solidaire, Chambre Régionale de l'Economie Sociale et Solidaire en région Centre, l'Observatoire de l'Economie Sociale et Solidaire en Région Centre...).
2. Project content:
The project comprises two complementary parts that must be performed by teams of three students.
Detection in the territory of a social problem:
- Observation and planning meeting of stakeholders should define a problem related to the ESS.
- A sociological analysis, economic and population should complement the issues raised to represent him in all these dimensions.
- Students will do a report "general public" to illustrate this problem (such journalistic investigation with written records, videos, pictures ... - attention to blur the faces).
- The aim is to create a typology of the territory (Central Region) vis-à-vis the issues raised for the present in ESCEM (type expo in the school hall for example).
Creating a social enterprise (under statutes of your choice) to address this problem:
- From the social problem and knowledge you have gathered to illustrate the (type of the territory vis-à-vis this issue), it will identify a project entrepreneurship, to be socially innovative and economically viable.
- The question should be: what type of structure would you choose, taking into account all the parameters required for this structure (status, finance, HR, marketing, competition, characteristics of supply, supply cost, partnership to mobilize, implementation time, evaluation of your project ...).
- The methodology for the creation of a social enterprise will be based on the experience of Catherine Aubry (with projects Createam) described below.