Overview of Social Economy in HU
European House in Budapest
The European House (EH) is a Budapest-based Hungarian civil society organisation registered by the Municipal Court of Budapest on 9 April, 1990 under No. 1661. It is a typical example of the intellectual ferment characteristic of the emerging democracies in Central and Eastern Europe
Its main objectives are the strengthening of civil society in Hungary and the promotion of the country's European integration process. http://www.europeanhouse.hu/e/
To achieve these goals the EH is providing among others the following services:
- initiating and organising Civiliada, the annual exhibition, meeting and conference of Hungarian civil society organisations
- Publishing 'Civil Hungary', a monthly newsletter on civil society issues
- issuing the 'Civil Card'
- running the Non-profit Bookshop
- publishing 'European Thought', a series of books on civil society and European integration co-ordinating the 'European Civil Forum in Hungary', a network of Hungarian civil society organisations working in the field of European integration
- organising seminars, conferences, training sessions, presentations, etc.